Consulting Preparation Curriculum
The School of Medicine Career Center, BEAM, and the Stanford Advanced Degree Candidate (ADC) Consulting Club are pleased to host global leaders in the management consulting industry in preparation for the recruiting season for Advanced Degree Candidates. Through case study practice with experienced alumni, networking with consultants from top tier firms, a case competition, and seminars about the application process, you will gain insight into management consulting culture, application & interview requirements, and the skills required to excel in the profession. There are 3 types of offerings in the series: application/interview prep, case presentations with key companies, and a case competition.
Weekly (mostly Wednesdays) 5-7pm | May 17 through July 19 | LKSC 130 & BEAM 1st Floor Conference Room
Open to all PhD students, Postdocs, and Medical Fellows
Make Your Case: Preparation and Practice for Consulting Case Interviews
Stanford alumni and other consultants with experience transitioning from graduate training out of academic research will assist participants to understand the case interview format, learn and apply tried and true methods for success, and advise on the best way to give and receive feedback in your own practice sessions.
- Introduction to practices and expectations of various consulting firms
- Overviews of consulting interview methods
- Understanding how the case interview model assesses your fit for the consulting field
- Sample case study and recommendations for effective frameworks and solutions
- Opportunity for hands-on practice and feedback from representatives in the industry
Program and Registration
- May 17: Introduction to Consulting — Stephanie Eberle, SOMcc | LKSC 130 | 5-7pm
- May 24: Live Case Study — Bain & Company | LKSC 130 | 5-7pm
- June 2: Deconstructing a Case from Beginning to End — McKinsey & Company | LKSC 130 | 4-6pm
- June 7: Resumes & Cover Letters — Rhea Daugherty, SoMCC | BEAM 1st Floor Conference Room | 5-7pm
- June 14: Case Interview Deep Dive & Case Competition Kickoff — The Boston Consulting Group | LKSC 130 | 5-7pm
- June 21: Life Sciences Case Study — Navigant |BEAM 1st Floor Conference Room | 5-7pm
- June 28: Live Case Study — Exponent | LKSC 130 | 5-7pm
- July 5: Behavioral Interviewing — Lance Choy, BEAM |BEAM 1st Floor Conference Room | 5-7pm
- July 13: Developing Life Sciences Solutions — QuintilesIMS | LKSC 130 | 5-7pm
- July 14: Case Competition Finals & Reception — The Boston Consulting Group | LKSC 120
- July 19: Deadlines & Panel Discussion with Early-Stage Consultants | LKSC 130 | 5-7pm
Stay up to date on the latest program information by subscribing to the Stanford ADC Consulting Club mailing list.